Saturday, 8 May 2010

DAILY POEM " MOVING HOME"



Its as stressful as anything in life
when you pack your wares to go
it doesn't matter how long you take
the time it goes so slow.

Where did all this stuff come from?
I haven't seen that for years
things that you store are ridiculous
it drives you close to tears.

The boxes are piling high
you have no idea when it will end
lets have another cuppa for now
and allow our backs to mend!

The day has finally come
you are living out of a tin
did I pack the kitchen sink?
no its in the bin!

When you reach your destination
its time to unpack your gear
its like being on a speedy merrygoround
hope I get finished this year!

But when you are finally settled
and you think back to those hectic days
when you didn't know your !"ss from your elbow
and you felt you were running in a maze!

Its very stressful moving home lol, u virtually live out of a box for a long time, and even months after you find things u forgot you had, lol, enjoy, a part of SHAKIRA'S FUNNY WEEKEND MEME

What do you find the most traumatic?


Please checkout BLOG PROMOTIONS 
Please checkout SHORT STORIES

16 comments:

  1. how i share your views :(
    its such a tedious task, esp if you are doing it singlehandedly.

    phew!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lolzzz i can understand how irritating it is to shift to a different... most of them I find myself searching for one thing or other...
    well written :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we have moved so many times i have lost count. every once in a while i will find a box and be delighted at a treasure i had long thought lost in the shuffe. nicely done william. have a marvelous saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. moving is very tiring and you have captured that vividly and beautifully...

    Happy Saturday!
    Award Winning Funnies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the encouraging comments,
    Saturday is slow and it seems quiet,
    glad to see you in my place.
    As always, you rock!
    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. With being married to a retired Air Force Guy I surely know what moving is all about. Nice poem Billy, put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very true... all of it! I am actually looking forward to moving this time.. hopefully this year. To the point in my life that I dont care too much about 'stuff'. If the 2 remaining boys where on their own yet, I'd probably give them everything but my own room and clothes. I guess I'm tired of filling a house and would live in a one room shack. Well, maybe not in the winter when I'm stuck inside. LOL Thanks for sharing a great poem and 'thoughts' with us, William! Hope you're having a Great weekend!!! HUGS, Coreen

    ReplyDelete
  8. i came hoping for a poem :(
    where is it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. a great poem, it looks funny at the beginning but then it turns out to be sad and tragic-laden.well done.
    thanks for nominating me william , cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went through hard times moving from one house to another.it's really hard .well done william, a lovely poem that captures this experience successfully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW...great interpretation there, William!
    So TRUE and Yes, I hate moving but that is the story of my life.
    Now with a home in California and Malaysia and then Seoul, we dare not unpack!

    Love your weekly contribution!
    love you!
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes good poem William!!! Moving is hectic,and I wonder why we hold on to so much stuff lol :)
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  13. So funny friend.....Thanks for viewing my new poem, I so appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What do you find the most traumatic?

    I found that when moving, all the stuff that appears and I would have to deal with- right then and there- was over whelming. I now try to touch every drawer and corner at least once a year, so if I have to move I won’t move the junk too. You have such fun poems they make me think:-) Gerardine xx

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to register to leave a comment, simply click the drop down box for anonymous... the comment will go through, or why not Subscribe! Thanks a million for leaving a comment
PLEASE NOTE COMMENTS WILL SHOW UP AFTER APPROVAL.
your reviews of my work are deeply appreciated, please come visit again..:)
,